On the Shoulders of Heroes
Rules – Half-giant, greater
Among greater Half-giants males are much more common than females, as horned females are considered abominations. They are taller, heavier and stronger than their lesser kin, but also simpler of mind.
- +4 Strength, -2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma. Greater Half-giants are powerful and hardy but slow.
- Large: -1 penalty to Armor Class, -1 penalty on attack rolls, -4 penalty on Stealth checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.
- Giant: Greater Half-giants have the Giant creature type.
- Half-giant base land speed is 40 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: A Half-giant can see twice as far as a Human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish colour and detail under these conditions.
- Natural weapon: Gore (1d8).
- +2 racial bonus on Survival, Ride and Handle animal checks concerning mounts. Half-giants are nomads and have a great deal of respect for their animals.
- Hardy: Half-giants are resistant against cold. They can survive in colder climates without having to save against hypothermia and receive a +2 bonus on saves against cold magic.
- Automatic Language: Gamli.
- Favored Class: Barbarian.